Senior Backend PHP Engineer
Would you like to be part of the fastest growing start-up in the Australian logistics industry? We use technology to efficiently allocate supply and demand for transportation of all types of physical products. If you are passionate about your job and interested in building market-leading software, Ofload is the place for you! We are growing very fast in Australia and will soon be expanding internationally.
You are a Senior Software Engineer with strong experience in backend and PHP.
- You write code because you like to. You never stop wanting to get better at it.
- You are passionate about learning new things, and solving challenges.
- You embrace different programming languages appropriate to the task
- You take pride in clean and easily readable code
- Your code is covered by automated tests.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and commitment.
About the role
This is a full-time permanent fully remote position. Salary is determined on a case by case basis and will be competitive for your level of experience in your country.
You will design and develop a scalable and reliable system that will be used in multiple countries. You will be part of our early-stage engineering team and will directly contribute to our workflow and culture.
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant systems.
- Translate business requirements into scalable technical solutions.
- Take responsibility for multiple services maintained by the team.
- Build and manage automated build/test/deployment environments.
- Improve your code quality, product execution, and learning experience.
- Plan and execute together with Frontend, Mobile, DevOps, Data, UI/UX, QA
- Use DDD, Design patterns and advanced Git to produce maintainable code.
- 6+ years designing, developing, testing, deploying in any language or stack.
- Be proficient in at least 2 programming languages, with PHP as one of them.
- Experience in Symfony or Laravel frameworks.
- Proven track record building Restful APIs.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases is essential.
- Experience working in a team.
- Experience in software development or a serious open source track record.
- Knowledge of Linux as a production environment.
If this opportunity is of interest, please contact us.